Description Marine Systems Engineer
The Department is responsible for the definition, development and implementation of the relevant Floating Production Division’s corporate technical operational strategies, standards, routines, programs and procedures in support of the overall fleet performance management. The Department is further responsible for the strategy and control of the overall corporate maintenance management system.
The Marine Systems Engineer is responsible for delivering the engineering output of the marine systems work scope in line with the technical specification, budget and planning. Furthermore you are also responsible for provision of day-to-day support to operating assets and support to projects where and when required.
The Marine Systems Engineer assist the Asset Teams in obtaining client and third party approval and liaise with Vendors within the discipline if required. You assist during the procurement- and construction phase the Asset Teams in vendor/(sub)contractor selection, definition of and participation in inspections and review of marine systems related documentation. On request of the Department Head or Corporate Technical Authority you will act as technical advisor. All activities will be performed in accordance with the Corporate Management System.
- You will have a BSc or MSc degree in Marine or Mechanical Engineering;
- Relevant experience in marine systems engineering;
- 3 years in organization supporting operating assets;
- Computer literacy for marine systems related calculations and document processing;
- Good understanding of a multicultural, 24/7 production environment;
- Willingness to travel (occasional visits to offshore facilities and to base offices).
Our client can be considered as a leading expert in the Oil and Gas Industry with activities all over the world. With it's head office based in the Netherlands they serve clients, operators and contractors with engineering, maintenance and project management.