Description Trainee Jr. Flavourist
Traineeship Jr. Flavourist / Jr. Flavorist
The main focus of the Jr. Flavourist at the Beverages platform will be to excel in Flavour Creation and Innovation in this foodsegment. You will be expected to work openly and independent in a cross-functional and international environment.
- Execute on Beverage platform projects according to prioritization.
- Formulate new flavour creations or modify existing flavours to meet project requirements
- Sensoric evaluation of materials developed internally or from external sources and assess potential for flavour creation.
- Serve as technical expert and advisor to internal and external partners and customers for ingredient and flavour performance at an expert level for sweet and beverage types.
- When requested serve as technical expert to resolve flavour production issues and customer complaints and complete ownership of created flavours.
- Execute daily tasks and fully manage assigned projects and provide flavours which meet all defined project needs, considering when relevant good manufacturing practices, sample scale-up, production requirements, regulatory compliance, etc. as well as leading customer visits for flavor creation and product presentations at the customer when required.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab environment in accordance with set requirements
- Consistently participate as a champion for new technologies.
- Proactively takes responsibility to build a diverse and inclusive environment and leverages differences in styles, thinking and approaches.
- Provide Sales Department with innovative and functional flavours (in application).
- Determine project success criteria in collaboration with team members to create innovative flavours and applications.
- Be pro-active in knowledge sharing in all aspects and accessibilities within company
Success Profile; what is in your pocket and what will you learn in this traineeship
+ You hold a Bachelors or Master Degree in Food Science & Technology preferably obtained from the WUR (Neherlands)
+ You are allowed and willing to move to another European country, therefor you hold a European work permit
+ You are willing to grow a success story starting with yourself as a Trainee Flavourist
+ You will attend an intensive on the job Training program initiated by a highly skilled flavourist
+ You have to learn and demonstrate expert level tasting and smelling skills
+ You will be learned to gain a mastery level ability in understanding how to adjust a flavour formulation in the direction needed for flavour modifications.
+ You will be trained to obtain in-depth knowledge on raw materials, functional ingredients, flavour ingredients and (organic)chemistry to formulate many flavour types to deliver flavour performance
+ You will start this function with with common flavour creation, understanding of solvents and carrier systems, basic problem solving processes, research and development needs, etc.
+ You have to learn to interface with internal and external partners and customers and effectively discuss the flavour creation needs for most flavour types and provide direction to help solve flavour performance issues in their applications.
+ Knowledge of local and regional regulatory requirements for flavours.
+ Ability to prepare and present complex flavour creation related technical presentations with some intermediate level elements of other functions such as applications, flavour creation, sensory, consumer understanding, analytical science, marketing, etc.
+ knowledge of formulating suitable delivery systems for various application bases
+ knowledge of analytical methodologies (G.C. HPLC, Mass Spec.).
+ knowledge of the technology used for improved performance, specific technical aspects affecting flavour stability in base, etc. for a multiple flavour types.
+ Ability to supervise and manage flavour assistants routinely provide guidance for their knowledge development.
Possess at least the following functional competencies:
? A real teamplayer who is able to work and move around in cross functional teams.
? Drive for results,
? Creativity, able to cross borders in thinking and acting (out of the box thinking),
? flexible attitude towards working times, travelling hours and so on
? Used to or get used to multitasking
? Business acumen
? Strategic agility
? innovation management
? Accuracy in all terms, excellent reporting and documentation skills
? Good Interpersonal skills, able to confront yourself, excellent communication and presentation skills in the English language and willing to learn a Scandinavian language both verbally and written.
Xelvin food&farma is an employment agency in the Netherlands, specialized in the food and pharmaceutical markets. Our employees work at renowned dutch companies in the fields of Laboratory, Research & Development and Quality Assurance.
Within the the Northern part of Europe, our client A/S Einar Willumsen is a well-established company in the flavor and intermediates industry. On site, the company develops and manufactures intermediates/flavours which are marketed worldwide in applications for mainly the Beverages segment.
The procedure for this vacancy opens now and the first interviews will be planned start of Septembre.
Please feel free to contact us for more information!