Description Application Technologist Beverages
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a highly experienced and creative beverage technical team in a fast moving and demanding but rewarding food category.
As an application technologist your role is to support and fuel the profitable growth of the flavour development team by taking ownership of projects that demonstrate our flavours in high quality commercially scalable flavour applications in the Beverage segment.
An important part of this role is to support the commercial team by identifying customer needs and opportunities, whilst establishing key technical to technical relationships with customers.
The formulation of finished prototypes should take into account market knowledge, regulatory guidelines, cost parameters, processing requirements and other specifications as outlined in customer briefs. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new product formulae, applying flavours in base and producing prototypes in the laboratory, and shall confer with the Sales Team and Flavourists on projects to meet our customers’ needs.
Regional category initiatives might also require support.
Essential Functions Of The Application Technologist
- Manage customer briefs to address business opportunities as outlined in project brief.
- Develop new innovative products to meet the conceptual brief, compliant with regulatory requirements, within cost parameters and commercially scalable, stability tested and suitable for mainstream production.
- Support the commercial team to contribute to the growth of our business, taking a creative and strategic approach to brief execution and contributing to brainstorming sessions and account strategy planning as needed
- Contribute to a team approach in project management, taking leadership as needed, and supporting colleagues when needed, maintaining good relationships across all disciplines (sales, customer services, marketing, sensory and consumer insights)
- Adhere to agreed timelines; Outline and plan projects, obtaining all materials needed to meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrate proficient use of IFF internal software and accurate recording of the technical data using these applications.
- Maintain accurate and retrievable records of all formulae sent to clients in global database
- Strive to be up to date in technical developments related to application areas of expertise through suppliers contacts, technical literature and industry networking
- Participate in tasting sessions and strive to develop expertise and proficiency in the organoleptic evaluation of flavours
- All of our team members are expected to demonstrate professional behaviours and practices of cooperation and teamwork
- Identify, implement and manage continuous improvement processes and ways of working.
- Perform other projects/duties as assigned, including assignment to specific product lines as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability in organoleptic evaluation of flavours and products
- Experience in industrial beverage development is a distinct advantage.
- Creative, self-starter with good time management and an effective team player
- Excellent numerical, planning and decision making skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to taste complete range of food products
- Flexible to perform a wide range of duties, team player, work flexible hours when needed, travel to customers as required
- Ability to anticipate customer need and demonstrate exceptional service
- Demonstrate computer skills, project management, time management, interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication skills, ability to build relationships within team and externally with customers.
- Ability to define and solve practical problems, collect valid data, ask open ended questions to determine facts and draw valid conclusions
- BSc Degree in Food Science/Food Technology or related field
- Relevant experience in food/beverage product development or applications
- Beverage manufacturing experience is an advantage.
Xelvin food&farma is an employment agency in the Netherlands, specialized in the food and pharmaceutical markets. Our employees work at renowned dutch companies in the fields of Laboratory, Research & Development and Quality Assurance.
Within the the Northern part of Europe, our client A/S Einar Willumsen is a well-established company in the flavor and intermediates industry. On site, the company develops and manufactures intermediates/flavours which are marketed worldwide in applications for mainly the Beverages segment.
The procedure for this vacancy opens now and the first interviews will be planned start of Januari 2018.
Please feel free to contact us for more information!