Description R&D Manager
Hiring: R&D Manager Sweet flavours segment
This is a group leader position at Einar Willumsen A/S in Denmark Research and Development organization and is a balance of hands on product development, project management and people leadership. The role will be responsible for the leadership of the total product development team supporting the brands mostly within beverages segment. The R&D manager is responsible for providing coaching and development of the R&D team and ensuring projects are properly supported and delivered with technical excellence.
- Advancing the business through technical excellence ensuring all aspects meet or exceed the quality and product performance requirements within a managed timeline and cost objective:
- Ensuring innovation is developed and differentiated new products are delivered to support the values of unrivaled quality, creativity and innovation across the sweet platform (including new categories) and the existing portfolio.
- Mitigating input costs and enhancing margins through joined up cost leadership programs.
- Work with business and commercial leaders to set and activate product development pipeline and innovation pipeline.
- Create and develop new products, rapid prototype, and establish a robust growth pipeline.
- Orchestrate work to deliver technical programs across innovation, manufacturing, quality, and costs.
- Taking leadership R&D team > 20 R&D and lab technicians
- Coach and build capabilities in creativity, new product and category development, and technology innovation to assure industry leading excellence in product development.
- Build a positive culture, grow talent, and inspire teams.
- All other duties as assigned.
- > Bachelor’s degree in Food Science & Technology or Engineering or closely related field required. Post-graduate degree preferred.
- > At least 8 years of progressive broad and deep product innovation, value generation, and commercialization experience required. Strong preference for experiences within the Beverages industry.
- > At least 3 years of people management experience required.
- > A mix of career experiences across R&D, Quality and Manufacturing is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- > Technical competency in non-dairy, plant-based food science & innovation, trends, ingredient functionality, and commercialization.
- > Adept understanding of sensory, consumer, analytical and physical testing methodologies in plant-based food & beverages.
- > Strong commercial acumen, technical development skills, judgment and understanding of the business and industry.
- > Experience and understanding of food forward consumer trends.
- > Demonstrated leadership strength in capability development and stakeholder management and supplier relationships.
- > Excellent communications skills to interact with general management at a senior level.
- > Proven ability to lead, coach, develop and influence employees.
- > Experience and passion for creativity and innovation, including consumer-centric approaches.
- > Position requires the ability to travel as needed, which could be up to 50% based on business demands.
Xelvin food&farma is an employment agency in the Netherlands, specialized in the food and pharmaceutical markets. Our employees work at renowned dutch companies in the fields of Laboratory, Research & Development and Quality Assurance.
Within the the Northern part of Europe, our client A/S Einar Willumsen is a well-established company in the flavor and intermediates industry. On site, the company develops and manufactures intermediates/flavours which are marketed worldwide in applications for mainly the Beverages segment. Einar Willumsen is truly international with employees from 10 different nationalities contributing to the creation of exciting tastes for food and beverage products that millions of consumers enjoy every day! They have built a diverse and inclusive culture that presents new ideas and challenges that contribute to the short and long term growth of the company. Everybody is a valued member of the Einar Willumsen team and they are committed to supporting, growing and helping each individual to achieve their potential.
Einar Willumsen is constantly looking for the best talent to join their team across all functions – R&D, Commercial, Supply Chain, Finance and Quality. So if you think you have the desire to push the boundaries and contribute towards putting smiles on peoples tongues then do yourself a flavour and contact us!