Description Procurement Engineer
As Procurement Engineer you oversee the purchasing activities of technical goods and services for the realization of our capex equipment projects. Your challenge is to assure proper implementation of supplier relations and agreements that provide purchasing solutions at the lowest total costs matching the design requirements. You have very detailed knowledge of our equipment; materials and supplies used and are able to identify companies that sell them.
- Tactical buying of complete projects according to QLCD method;
- Manage supplier relations locally and internationally (Europe and China);
- Negotiate contracts and ensure a reliable delivery;
- Actively cooperate with a variety of stakeholders (both internally and externally);
- Support for design changes in close cooperation with the engineering team;
- Able to integrate technical knowledge with business acumen;
- Realize savings on new concepts and continuous improvements
- Yearly vendor rating;
- Active participation in cross functional team (engineering, quality, assembly, finance, marketing product/ project management)
- Quality assurance:
?Responsible for product quality and internal quality inspections;
?Advisory role in case of deviations;
- The job demands multi-tasking with changing priority.
You are ambitious, proactive and willing to learn. You have a team spirit and it is easy for you to communicate with people in different disciplines. Because of your positive attitude, you can easily motivate others and you have a natural persuasiveness. To be successful in this challenging environment, you also bring:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in purchasing, business or technical field;
- Affinity with technology;
- 2-4 year experience in a technical project environment;
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
Our client designs and manufactures thermal process solutions for high-volume manufacturing. With thousands of installed systems in the glass, electronics, display and solar industries, our experience is growing fast and goes deep and wide in oven design, heat transfer methods and process atmospheres, we’re constantly innovating.