Description Service & Support Optics Handler
Are you prepared to go out-of-your-way to support and service challenging high-tech assembly processes? Do you truly enjoy being part of a motivated team in a dynamic and diverse setting? Then this position is a great opportunity. The sector Shared Services Warehouse Logistics Services and Support is responsible for the production, planning, assembling and shipment of material, e.g. systems, upgrade packages etc.
The Warehouse Services and Support, Service department is responsible for multiple processes supporting production:
- Optics team: Handling, delivery, storage and making ready for shipment of delicate lenses and other optical equipment for worldwide shipment.
- Desk team: Coordinating delivery (projects) of various material to internal customers
- Manage scrap flow of materials no longer needed within the company in compliant way
Deliver highly vulnerable parts on time to our internal customers, assuring On-time, Quality delivery, correct communication and administrative processes while assuring compliant processes.
- Main team will be optics
- Receive highly vulnerable optical components from our suppliers
- Manage stock and dispatch to our internal customers
- Coordinate and execute packing of these components according to specifications
- Prepare for worldwide shipping
- Desk Team
- Manage all non-production materials for delivery to internal customers within all of the organization, including reverse flow
- Manage all reverse flows
- Scrap Team
- Initiate delivery of all material authorized for scrap to central location
- Unpack materials
- Verify correctness of all material related information
- Execute administrative scrap and initiate delivery to supplier for destruction
- Locking Return Team
- Manage material returning after install -> stock -> rework -> re-use
- Promote re-use of locking material and instruct WW-install teams on way of working
- Facility Team
- Manage storage and handling of various material e.g. for: -museum, IT, packing
- MBO+/ HBO in the field of logistics, warehousing, Supply Chain management or technical
- Min. 2 years of experience within logistics and or production.
- Hands-on experience in a technical production/warehouse environment.
- Preferably experience with handling delicate material, trouble-shooting: analyzing problem, finding root-cause and determining solution.
- Knowledge of quality improvement methods.
- Experience in problem analysis of products and processes.
- Pragmatic, analytic, result and output oriented.
- Quick learner, drive for knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- Takes initiative, is targeted and flexible.
- Is service minded, good communicator on different levels, team player.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team within a high tech environment
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Flexibility to work in shifts and weekends, work overtime when needed.
- Deals with stress effectively and has an independent and accurate attitude.
- Pro-active, open to change.
- Ability to speak and write Dutch and English
Context of the position
- The holder of this position reports to the Manager: Shared Services, Warehouse logistics, Services and Support