« Back to all opportunities
Opportunity CS EUV Competence Engineer
Description CS EUV Competence Engineer
Are you a team player that likes to take a leading role in solving challenging, technical issues, wanting to enhance customer satisfaction and influence new product development? This job enables you to enhance your career within ASML.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process. The goal of Competence Engineering is to ensure that a Field Service Engineer in the customer fab can do his/her work as prepared as possible, with as minimum disturbances as possible and to continuously improve on this.
As Competence Engineer you are the technical interface between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven, like Development & Engineering (D&E) and Manufacturing. You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base.
Engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert who they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by maintaining the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (work instructions, service parts and tools) and sharing knowledge. Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. You set the direction for the most efficient solution and steer technical discussions with solution providers (for example D&E). If needed you support technical communication towards different levels of management and customers.
You are one of the key interfaces between field and ASML Headquarters. You use your communication skills to help our on-site engineers providing ongoing customer support . You support new product introductions, roll-out of improvement ideas, including educating on-site service/support engineers.
The CS EUV Competence Engineer is responsible for:
In addition to the responsibilities detailed above, we also expect you to:
- Create and maintain procedures for diagnosing and solving machine issues, including recovery
- Identify structural issues/improvements to the design and estimate their impact on CS.
- Identify structural improvements to the Service Mix and implement them globally in CS.
- Deliver knowledge of new introductions to the field service organization
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization;
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer.
- Run performance improvement projects in a complex environment with significant business impact in cooperation with customers and translating the results into improvement specifications for ASML’s development department;
- Represent customer support during the design phase and make sure the service requirements are implemented in the design.
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network.
- Travel internationally (up to 20%) to provide support to our (internal) customers
Bachelor or Master degree in a technical science (Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical engineering, Electronics, Optics, Chemistry, Process technology, etc.). A minimum of 2 years of working experience is preferred.
Experience in a production and/or service environment with high tech products and complex production processes, having a total customer focus mindset.
Broad knowledge of optics, metrology, mechanics or mechatronics.
Knowledge of ASML equipment on a specialized technical level is a pre.
- Strong technical background, interested in product and process;
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement, Total customer focus;
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Ability to effectively influence your stakeholders to successfully get our designs and service processes to a higher level;
- Analytical skills;
- Helicopter view;
- Stress resistant.
- Flexible and result driven;
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English;
Context of the position
Competency Engineering (CE) is part of the CS EUV Service Engineering department.
« Back to all opportunities