As an Electrical Engineer, your responsibilities include the electrical design of special vehicles. At the moment, electrification plays a major role in the organisation whereby we are looking to supplement knowledge already built up in this field.
Within this position, you will be given the space to set up and develop the function Engineer Electrical Engineering. Your core tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Translating customer requirements into product specifications and preparing a functional description of the vehicle
- Assessing and selecting electrical components and registering them in the PDM system
- Setting up and working out the electrical schematic
- Technical supervision of the production department
- Trouble-shooting when starting up vehicles.
- You will also apply your knowledge in working towards a standard for electrical drives on special vehicles, and implement this in the organisation.
In doing so, you work closely with the Mechanical Hydraulic and Software Engineers. You build up knowledge and disseminate this knowledge to stakeholders within the organisation.
Do you possess the following requirements? Then you are the one I am looking for!
- At least 3 years' experience with electric drives for vehicles in combination with battery packs
- At least a Bachelor degree in electrical engineering
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical schematics and component selection
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Willingness to travel internationally occasionally
- Command of the English language both verbally and in writing.
- You have a pragmatic attitude and a hands-on mentality
- You are enthusiastic and curious about developments in your field and know how to translate them into creative and practical solutions
- You are accurate, communicative, results-oriented and flexible
- Exciting and diverse projects.
- Ample opportunities for self-improvement and personal development.
- Competitive primary and secondary employment conditions (including 25 vacation days and 13 ADV days).
- A dynamic and informal work environment.
- A relocation budget of €3000,-
- We will take care of your Visa, Work Permit, and flight ticket.
€3500 - €4.000 gross income per month
For more than 50 years, this client has been the international standard for engineering, manufacturing and maintenance of special vehicles for the aluminium industry, mining and forestry.
They stand for high quality, customisation and long customer relationships. With 130 passionate colleagues, they serve branches with a total of 300 employees in locations around the world. You will find them in South Africa and India, among other places.
At this international client, you will develop and help build heavy electric vehicles. They are increasingly robotised and equipped with artificial intelligence. From your discipline, you contribute to technology that performs flawlessly even under extreme conditions. Think, for example, of Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGV), robotic vehicles without a driver. Welcome to Industry 4.0, which connects mechatronics, systems, data and people to the future. The challenge if you have a passion for technology and innovation!
Is this position with a global company something for you? Then apply soon and I will be happy to help you through this process.
- Matthijs van Nispen | Managing Consultant
- Xelvin Doetinchem
Johannesburg, South Africa